Wednesday, January 18, 2017

so bored at dangar falls

The other day I went from coast to mountain with my father & a traveler from Holland, Loes, to see my father's parents.
A very chillaxed Sunday at my nan & pops over lunch & home plunged coffees.
Desperate to connect back to the interwebs (no wifi at nan & pops) I ran around town on the hunt for a wifi hotspot.
No groovey internet cafes in that humble lil' town, I settled on a picnic table that allowed me to snag the free wifi from the library. I probably should not have done that.

My father, Loes & I went to Dangar Falls.
Sadly I didn't take any swimmers, so I had to sit around & wait while Dad & Loes went swimming in the lush waterhole down below.


On the way down we took a jolly good dose of nature.

Look! Niagara falls! You can really tell it's been raining!
#tongueincheek

Could only paddle.
I'm often not very keen to go swimming anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I love the liberating feeling of playing in cool, refreshing waters, but I also love to stay warm & dry.
Or I'm often simply too lazy to change into my swimmers, hop into the water, have a shower & get dressed again.
Plus, when I've just washed my hair, I don't particularly feel like un-washing it in the water. Even less if I've just straightened my hair, like today.
Anyway, the world does not revolve around me...

Look at how green & lush this looks!

People enjoying the water.

Uh oh, back to Vivi.
She walked back from the waterhole to the park, waiting & waiting oh-so-bloody-bored & waiting for dad & loes to return.
It's okay, they were probably having fun swimming, but I was 
flat.
out.
bored.

blergh. Was so eager to get back home.
But I don't want to go on complaining; I can't afford to destroy my soul being negative again, like I did last year (& still regret it big this year)

If you're wondering, dad & loes finally returned & I drove (ugh, driving sucks it's so expensive & time-consuming; lose-lose) home. 
At least we arrived safely home at last.
Was just so eager to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment